Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Update: Hair growth, college, & makeup oh my!

 


Hello there!


(To see my post about the best hair mask ever you can click that!

Scroll down to see the vitamins I take that have achieved 3 inches of growth in 4 months!)
It has been forever since I've posted a blog post! Let me tell ya, college is definitely a full time thing! I've finally finished my freshman year and I'm on summer vacay so that is super exciting!
I've learned that college is very stressful and it is much more time consuming than high school. I'm so glad to finally be on vacation because I need it!
Lately, I've gotten the pleasure of getting to do prom makeup on some of the girls in my hometown. It was so much fun and I really felt like I was getting my name out there finally. Getting paid to what I love is the best feeling ever! I love teaching everyone about makeup and showing them how little tips and tricks can make such a difference for their everyday makeup! I just felt so blessed that so many girls wanted me to be a part of their prom memory :) Of course, I had nightmares the night before about being late, messing up a makeup look, disappointing a client ha ha! I was terrified! But from the feedback I got I really felt like they all loved their makeup so it was really wonderful :)
Also, since about January I have been on a hair growth journey to repair my hair from all the damage bleaching and heat tools have done. I don't regret bleaching my hair, because being blonde was fun :) ha ha but unfortunately I have a tad bit of an obsession with my hair being healthy. So, I dyed my hair back to brown in January and stopped using heat on my hair completely! No blow-drying, no curling, no straightening, nothing. I take a list of vitamins and I'm trying to track my hair growth. As of April it was 3 inches! My hair is a little past breast-length in the front and around mid-back length in the back which is since I've cut about 3 inches off to get rid of the irreversible damage. My goal is to get it to hip-length! So, the future of this blog will include a lot of reviews, hair growth tips and my own personal journey so I hope that it helps someone else trying to grow their hair :) The vitamins I take are:
· biotin
· hair, skin, and nails
· prenatal
· omega 3,6,9
· cod liver oil
· vitamin e oil
· hydrolyzed collagen
· silica from red algae (on a trial basis)
· mineral silica (on a trial basis)

 
I swear by using coconut oil and coconut milk to help repair some of my damaged hair. That stuff is totally awesome! I can post some hair mask recipes maybe soon too :)

 
So that is my latest update and hopefully I will be able to keep up with this blog now that I'm on break :)
 
 I hope you all have a beautiful day!
Hugs and pretty hair,
KMB
 



No comments:

Post a Comment