Wednesday, July 18, 2012



I'm a blonde!!!


Hey beautiful,
Yeah, I'm talking to you. It's been way too long since I've updated this blog but how about I tell you what I've been doing?
Well, all last week I was in Bar Harbor, Maine enjoying the wonderful weather, low humidity, and fantastic smell of the ocean! I climbed some rock, went on a bike ride, ran around a bit, shopped. It was awesome!
But guess what? Then I came home and decided, "Forget these blonde highlights, why not just go blonde?" So today I write to you as a new blonde! :)

My beauty tip for you all today is all about learning from my mistakes lol
So,
Lesson 1: Bleaching you're whole hair out by yourself is hard.
Lesson 2: Always, always, always apply bleach to your roots last or they will turn out white.
Lesson 3: Moisture is hard to get back so don't be afraid of argan and cocout oil, they will save your dry, dry hair.
Lesson 4: Makeup that you use when you're a brunette may not suit you as a blonde but a smokey brown eye and a dewy face go with any hair color.
Lesson 5: After you have bleached out your hair and come to realize that your roots are white and your hair is yellow/orange John Frieda will save your day. (Oh, and anything that takes out brassiness really helps)
Lesson 6: If you've always dreamed about dying your hair a drastic color, don't be afraid to do it. Hair grows about an inch a month so it always can grow back. And, if it really looks terrible when its done sometimes a splurge at a salon is ok.

So I know this won't apply to probably even half of the people that read this but it is helpful and some food for thought. Many people are afraid to dye their hair for fear of it looking terrible or fear of change but let me tell you, it's exhilirating!
Sometimes doing something creative (and not permanent) is just what you need when you and your self confidence are in a slump.

As an update, the Sally Hansen Simply Smooth did not last 6 days. But, it did last 3. Which is 3 times the amount my shaving lasts. I take vitamins to help my hair grow and to make up for lack of meat in my diet so my hair grows fast, especially on my legs. So if three days is worth it to you, give it a shot!

Also, if you have any makeup or hair or skin questions please comment! I love to help people and I love helping people feel more beautiful in their own skin.
Thank you guys so much for reading!

I hope you all have your dream hair (and if not, that's why I'm here :))

-KMB

No comments:

Post a Comment